Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hawley lake was such a blast!! We had so much fun! I love doing stuff like this with the whole family because it builds such priceless memories for the adults and for all the cousins.
And it was such a nice surprise that my Grandparents came in on the second day and spent the night with us! They wanted to sleep in the same room that we put all the older boys in because grandma was talking with them alot. I think she might have later regreted that decision since she had no idea that Austin could out talk her! Austin and grandma ended up staying up half the night talking and sharing stories. It was so funny! I love that he will be able to have that great memory of her forever!
There was lots of fun walks and adventures and chatting and of course tons of food.
Why Jim thot it was cool that this cow was staring down our babies Im not sure, but you can bet my photographer was not about to miss a photo op.

We caught lots of fun critters too! Like the 3 frogs, a snake, about 15 crawdads and yes a sqirrel. They captured that poor sqirrel in the same nasty net that they caught the snake in. Thinking the boys were just nice feeding him, totally unsuspecting of what was going to happen next, poor thing! We did let him and everything else go as soon as we were all done oogling over them all. The kids were all in heaven being able to catch all these things and play with them. Cousins, critters and dirt, What more could a kid want!!
It was so much fun we cant wait to go back next summer! However we are going to book our cabin this summer for next to make sure that we can stay 5 days because 3 is just not enough when you are having that much fun!!

6 comments:

Elisha said...

What a fun trip! Where is Hawley Lake? Sounds like the kids had a blast with all their treasures (creatures)! So I am such a nerd a totally spaced last week! Sorry! How does this week look? Look at your schedule and see what you have going on. We are pretty clear Wed-Friday! thanks!

kalene said...

Holly! I am at home showing my sexy lover and chillens the Hawley Lake fotos. You did such a good job...but you still can't tell how fun it was! It was such a blast! C hadn't even seen the Idaho ones yet. We need to show him all the ones you took. See you on Wed. Love ya!

Lucrecia said...

So fun Holly! What a great tradition! So many great pictures. Your hubby is a great photog:)

The Hearn Crew said...

Looks like you had so much fun. 2 of my 3 boys love to catch, play with, hold, look at eye to eye and be enthrawled with bugs and creatures of all kinds! It creeps me out sometimes. But they love it. Big family outings can be fun. I loved them when I was a kid.

Danielle and Calan said...

FUN!!! I wish all our family could go too... next year huh? :) That is so awesome that all ur fam was there and even gradmommy and gradaddy that is so sweet! I LOVE IT! So i was gonna tell u that it's easy to just post pictures when i don't do anything with them... :( We need to get together and you need to teach us!! And yes i love rolls too!.. But yeah only on babies :) So i read the comment from Kalene and i love how she comments on everyones :) She's so cute! I LOVE YOU HOLLY! Hope to see you next week!

Stacy said...

Holly - Seeing the pics of your whole family reminded me that I have wondered lately about Katina's little girl and her seizures. She and I spoke many times about dealing with it and I wondered how they were doing. Come to my blog and update me!